Friday, March 16, 2012

Ice Cream in the Park

I went to a seminar about Japanese acupuncture today. Awesome parts:

1. I got to eat lunch outside did not have to share it with anyone or order a "just in case you hate your meal" meal and then got to sit quietly in a park to eat ice cream

2. The seminar was in German (spoken by a native English speaker, but still) and I could follow it - mostly. (Thank goodness George left me the dictionary).

3. I have taken some advanced versions of the same system but never the introduction. So all through the seminar I kept having "ah ha" moments.

4. At every point along my journey (3 transfers back and forth) someone asked me for directions. I must look like I know what I am doing, or where I am going, or at least am approachable.

2 comments:

Donna Olendorf said...

Sounds like you are back into a good routine after your visit to Michigan. I am sorry we didn't rendezvous, but I heard that you had a nice dinner with Sara and Stony (while Annie was home with sick kids). Glad you were able to connect with Olendorf cousins.

The weather here has been CRAZY. Two weeks ago we had a blizzard that left 200,000 people without power for days, but now the temperatures are a record breaking 80+ degrees and all that snow is just a memory.

Hope spring is arriving in Europe. Love,

Aunt Donna

Dan said...

The directions thing happens to me all the time. I think it's primarily the approachability factor. You may not end up being helpful at all, but at least people think you are not going to yell at them for asking.